All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
About this product
- DescriptionAnimation is one of the hottest areas of filmmaking today and the master animator who bridges the old generation and the new is Richard Williams. During his nearly fifty years in the business, Williams has been one of the true invators, winning three Academy Awards and serving as the link between Disney's golden age of animation by hand and the new computer animation exemplified by the films from Pixar.Perhaps even more important, though, has been his dedication in passing along his kwledge to a new generation of animators. In this book, based on his sold-out master classes in the United States and across Europe, Williams provides the underlying principles of animation that every animator from beginner to expert, classic animator to computer-animation whiz needs. He illustrates his points with hundreds of drawings, distilling the secrets of the masters into a working system. In this revised edition, he expands upon and illuminates more difficult areas of animation, such as animal action and gaits and the correct use of live action, to help animators push the medium in new directions.
- Author BiographyRichard Williams is best known as the Director of Animation and designer of the new characters for Who Framed Roger Rabbit, for which he won two Academy Awards, including a Special Achievement Award. Canadian-born Williams has won three US Academy Awards, three British Academy Awards, and an Emmy among 246 international awards - starting with his first film The Little Island in 1958. Williams has also animated title sequences for Return of the Pink Panther, The Pink Panther Strikes Again, What's New Pussycat, Casino Royale and linking sequences for The Charge of the Light Brigade, as well as countless prize-winning commercials. In 1990 he was voted by his peers as 'The Animator's Animator', and in 1995 he started giving the Richard Williams Animation Masterclass for professionals and students worldwide.
- Author(s)Richard E. Williams
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), ports. (some col.)
- Weight2381 g
- Width247 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition StatementMain - Revised Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.