All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionABOUT THE BOOK The book contains seventy-four children's sermons for all occasions. Pastors, homeschoolers, parents who often lead family devotions, or other storytellers will find these stories, along with comments about props and how to prepare and present them, to be an invaluable asset in reconnecting with the simplest, most profound truths of Scripture, and then to envision how best to communicate these so even a child can understand them. A great gift for holidays, birthdays, or special events. FROM THE BOOK In The Clockmaker chapter, Aram describes bringing to the sermon the pieces of a clock in a shoebox, and then shaking it long and hard to see if the clock could put itself together. When it didn't, he proposed shaking it harder, and longer. But the kids told him the clock needed a person to put it together. Oh! he said. So what you're telling me is that in order to have a clock, you need a clockmaker, right? Okay, so let me ask you this. How did this beautiful world come into existence? Did it 'just happen' by chance? [No!, they shouted.] Of course t! Just as a clock tells us that there must have been a clockmaker, so the world tells us that Someone must have made this - that it couldn't have just 'happened by chance.' Who made the world? That's right - the answer to every children's sermon: JESUS! ABOUT THE COVER The author with one of his favorite Palm Sunday props, Firecracker, who carried Aram down the aisle many times, to the delight of children and adults, alike. FROM THE AUTHOR The purpose of these sermons is to embrace the incredible mystery and paradox of the Gospel ( For whoever desires to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it Luke 9:24). Ironically, children are more able to grasp these concepts than are we adults. Yet, we think we need to try to explain to them every mystery and paradox of God - and that this will adequately equip their minds. But all the while - just like us - they're longing to be captivated in their hearts by something bigger. They want to encounter Someone who can't be reduced to a set of principles, Someone who promises to fulfill their young hearts' desire for adventure and wonder.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHOR Aram earned a ThM from Dallas Theological Seminary (1987) and an MABC from Colorado Christian University (1994). Over fifteen years at a large church in Golden, Colorado, Rev. Haroutunian presented well over 500 children's sermons in all. This book contains seventy-four of his most unforgettable presentations-due to the children's responses. He and his wife, Ellen, have been married since 1982, and they are the parents of two grown children. His previous writings, on topics ranging from the arts to theology, have appeared in The Mars Hill Review. They live in Colorado.
- Author(s)Rev Aram Haroutunian
- PublisherHealthy Life Press
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealthy Life Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight284 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.