All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover two fabulous fables in accessible comic book form: The Ants and the Grasshopper shows us why it is good to work hard and prepare when Grasshopper is left with food for winter; Meanwhile Crow learns a valuable lesson in the folly of vanity when she loses her cheese to a cunning fox. First Graphic Readers is an original approach to the perennially popular Aesop's fables. These much loved, read again stories have been transformed into a fun graphic form perfect for children learning to read alone. Beautiful artwork accompanies carefully controlled narrative text in panels and speech bubbles, with text large eugh for the young reader to read themselves. Every book in the series contains two stories, each with its own illustration style which also adds a compendium feel. Perfect for 4-6 year olds.
- Author BiographyAmelia Marshall is an avid reader and writer of children's books. She has worked in primary education and publishing for over 10 years. As well as specialising in fairy tale twists and retellings she loves to write playful rhymes. As a parent of a toddler son, she saw an opportunity to create a unique rhyming picture book set combining photographic and illustrative elements and came up with four books in Digger and Friends (Digger's Busy Day, Tractor's FarmYard Fun, Big Truck's Road Adventure & Emergency! Emergency!).
- Author(s)Aesop,Amelia Marshall
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleFirst Graphic Readers
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight208 g
- Width176 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gabriele Antonini,Barbara Nascimbeni
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.