All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContaining 20 classic short stories by a variety of rewned authors, including Leo Tolstoy, Mark Twain, Kate Chopin, Rudyard Kipling, James Joyce and Edith Wharton, The Anthem Guide to Short Fiction has been designed to offer students and instructors both inspiration and guidance when thinking and writing about literary texts and their construction. Each story is followed by a critical 'Thinking About the Story' section, and is accompanied by a set of incisive discussion questions formulated to stimulate insightful literary thought. Similarly, the guide's creative activities have been devised to engage critical and imaginative thinking, as well as to offer the reader an understanding of authorship and the creative process. Additional features include biographical tes, editorial introductions, and a concise glossary of literary terms.
- Author BiographyChristopher Linforth was a finalist in the 'Writers' and Artists' Yearbook' Novel Writing Competition in 2007. He has had work published in 'Denver Quarterly', 'Permafrost', 'Camas', and many other literary journals. He was recently awarded a Fellowship to the Colgate Writers' Conference (2010) and a scholarship to the New York State Writers' Conference (2010). For several years he taught writing and literature at Kansas State University and Northern Michigan University. He is currently a Master of Fine Arts (MFA) fellow at Virginia Tech.
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight681 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChristopher Linforth
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.