All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElijah has a dream-to follow in the footsteps of his brothers and make the VHS football team. But, for Elijah it's an uphill battle. Unlike his tall, muscular brothers, Elijah is small and weak, but he pushes on, determined to realize his dream. Elijah's faith is a source of comfort and strength, but when his new pastor begins to preach out against gays, Elijah feels increasingly unwelcome. While his church seems increasingly un-Christian, Elijah is exposed to the gay boys of Verona-boys who care about each other and reach out to those in need. Why are those who are called abominations acting more Christian than the Christians? When Elijah admits to himself that he is gay his faith is weakened. His belief is further shaken when he becomes sick. Is it a punishment from God? How could God create him gay and then punish him for it? As Elijah's troubles and doubts increase, a very special boy comes into his life and helps him find his way. Elijah learns that much of what he has been taught in church is wrong, but that he shouldn't turn his back on his beliefs. He learns that sometimes, those who present themselves as moral leaders are anything but. They are the Antichrists.
- Author BiographyMark A. Roeder has written nearly three-dozen novels, as well as scores of articles and columns. He currently resides in Bloomington, Indiana.
- Author(s)Mark a Roeder
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.13Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.