All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe third of the Waverley Novels is dominated by two old men, Jonathan Oldbuck (the Antiquary of the title) and the beggar Edie Ochiltree. Together they apply their kwledge of the past to sort out the confusion of the present, and in doing so restore the fortunes of ancient houses. This was Scott's favourite among his vels, and presents a quizzical and amusing view of the profession of history and, by implication, of Scott's own practice as writer and collector.
- Author BiographyDavid Hewitt was Regius Chalmers Professor of English Literature at the University of Aberdeen and is Editor-in-chief of the Edinburgh Edition of the Waverley Novels.
- Author(s)Sir Walter Scott
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication10/07/1995
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleEdinburgh Edition of the Waverley Novels
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight801 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byDavid Hewitt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.