Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionTired of a repetitious church life that doesn't seem to be going anywhere? Perhaps you are simply craving for something other than regurgitated religious cliches. I've heard all too many stories of the guitar-playing youth who becomes ather worship leader in some hip college Christian fellowship. After college he gets himself a wife, a good job, 2.5 kids ... and Christianity to him becomes 15-minutes-a-day devotions, Friday night studies, and Sunday worships. Like many, he finds himself lost in a tradition of rambling cliches and liturgical rituals. The only way out of this apathy is seeking a new high at each church retreat. Where's the Spiritual freedom? This is Christianity? Nobody builds a house from the roof down, but instead from the ground up with a solid foundation. If we build ourselves on a Spiritual foundation that is made of flimsy cliches, how much security can we really have? Many of us have allowed ourselves to be programmed rather than be taught, giving up the freedom in the Spirit for slavery of religiosity just to fit the confine of the cultural rm. Is it any wonder why many of us only experience religion, but t the transforming power of the Spirit in our walk with God? Dare to re-examine what you think you kw, with an open mind and critical thinking? Dare to be challenged? It's time for a Spiritual Reformation. A PREVIEW of this book is available at: http: //www.mediafire.com/?mz21q35u01y This title is also available at Amazon.com in paperback and Amazon.com Kindle edition.
- Author BiographyCliff C. Huang holds a Master of Divinity from Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary. Throughout his life, he has served in various functions at different churches, ranging from small community churches to semi-mega churches. During those times, he served primarily as a teacher/discipler in the area of youth and young adult ministry under positions of youth counselor, pastoral intern, prayer coordinator, life community leader, as well as an elder for a young adult congregation. What he witnessed throughout these experiences is the transformation of Spirituality into traditional religious cliches and liturgical rituals in the modern institutionalized Christianity. This led him to focus his teaching on the reflection of the Biblical text through critical thinking and reasoning. After graduation from GCTS, he decided to relinquish positions and titles and left behind the traditional ministry to be a tentmaking servant, teaching English overseas to children.
- Author(s)Cliff C Huang
- Date of Publication29/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAndrea C Chiang
- Illustrator(s)Cliff C Huang
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.