The Arab-Israeli Conflict: A Guide for the Perplexed by Ian J. Bickerton (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.56+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.48+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Guide aims to demystify and clarify one of the key conflicts of our time, explaining who, what, where, and why in a balanced manner. The Arab-Israeli Conflict explains what the term Arab-Israeli Conflict refers to, providing an accurate and dispassionate description of the current situation, its origins, as well as the people involved and their motivations. It outlines in an accessible manner the past and present events that have led to the current divisions and hostilities. Using a thematic approach, the work examines key questions such as the importance of Jerusalem, borders and the West Bank, settlements, terrorism, Palestinian and Israeli political structures and internal divisions, the role of the United States (and other countries), the significance of ethnic identity and religion, and more. The Arab-Israeli Conflict illuminates the nature and course of the conflict, fostering a better understanding of the current situation and what we hear in the news almost daily. Written by an expert in the field, the guide will appeal to anyone perplexed by this ongoing and seemingly intractable conflict. Continuum's Guides for the Perplexed are clear, concise and accessible introductions to thinkers, writers and subjects that students and readers can find especially challenging - or indeed downright bewildering. Concentrating specifically on what it is that makes the subject difficult to grasp, these books explain and explore key themes and ideas, guiding the reader towards a thorough understanding of demanding material.
- Author BiographyIan Bickerton is Visiting Senior Research Fellow at the University of New South Wales, Australia. He has taught the History of the Arab-Israeli conflict for thirty five years, in various institutions, including Pomona College, CA, the University of Missouri-Kansas City, the University of California-Santa Barbara. He has also been visiting scholar at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies and the Oxford University Centre of Hebrew and Jewish Studies.
- Author(s)Ian J. Bickerton
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleGuides for the Perplexed
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Notemaps
- Weight431 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.