All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a study of the interrelationships between the formulary traditions of the legal documents of the Jewish colony of Elephantine and the legal formulary traditions of their Egyptian counterparts. The legal documents of Elephantine have been approached in three different ways thus far: first, comparing them to the later Aramaic legal tradition; second, as part of a self-contained system, and more recently from the point of view of the Assyriological legal tradition. However, there is still a fourth possible approach, which has long been neglected by scholars in this field, and that is to study the Elephantine legal documents from an Egyptological perspective. In seeking the Egyptian parallels and antecedents to the Aramaic formulary, Botta hopes to balance the current scholarly perspective, based mostly upon Aramaic and Assyriological comparative studies.
- Author BiographyAlejandro F. Botta (Ph.D. Summa cum laude, Department of History of the Jewish People, Hebrew University of Jerusalem) is Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible at Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University.
- Author(s)Alejandro F. Botta
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/06/2009
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleThe Library of Second Temple Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number64
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight537 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.