All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a dying man bequeaths hapless dreamer Quercus Robur with a mysterious bottle, his world is turned upside down. Driven by the man's dying words, and a need to escape his oppressive existence, Quercus embarks upon an arduous journey, to fulfil his destiny and save his world from a demonic deity.
- Author BiographyMy name is Dave Johnson and I'm from Cannock, Staffordshire, England. I started writing the Architect's Essence after an extremely hard week at work when I was feeling particularly down-trodden by my boss, colleagues and constrictive atmosphere of my work place. I wanted to vent my pent up frustration into something creative rather than destructive and decided to project my feelings into my principle character, Quercus Robur, a hapless dreamer, caged by the oppressive rules and regulations of his town. The world that I created around Querc, the Expanse, is widely influenced by myths and legends and is inhabited by a plethora of creatures both fact, fable and of my own devise. When I began writing I had a list of character names, locations and a folder full of vague and scribbled notes. I was unsure exactly where I was taking the story at the beginning and I put down whatever came to my mind, a practice that I later learned was called 'writing by the seat of your pants.' As the story progressed I incorporated ideas regarding creation, fate, reincarnation and the equilibrium between life and death. Using these notions I created a set of divine rules forming the foundations of the Expanses' reality and a workable plot.
- Author(s)D R Johnson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight785 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byKimberly Huther
- Illustrator(s)Zoe Rothery
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.