The Architecture and Cities of Northern Mexico from Independence to the Present: Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leaon, Coahuila, Chihuahua, Durango, Sonora, Sinaloa, and Baja California Norte and Sur by Edward Burian (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $94.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $132.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe states of Northern Mexico-Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, Chihuahua, Durango, Sora, Sinaloa, and Baja California Norte and Sur-have architecture, urbanism, and landscape design that offer numerous lessons in how to build well, but this constructed environment is largely undervalued or unkwn. To make this architecture better kwn to a wide professional, academic, and public audience, this book presents the first comprehensive overview in either English or Spanish of the architecture, urban landscapes, and cities of Northern Mexico from the country's emergence as a modern nation in 1821 to the present day. Profusely illustrated with color and black-and-white photographs, maps, and analytical drawings of urban cores of major cities, The Architecture and Cities of Northern Mexico systematically examines significant works of architecture in large cities and small towns in each state, from the earliest buildings in the urban core to the newest at the periphery. Edward R. Burian describes the most memorable works of architecture in each city in greater detail in terms of their spatial organization, materials, and sensory experience. He also includes a concise geographical and historical summary of the region that provides a useful background for the discussions of the works of architecture. Burian concludes the book with a brief commentary on lessons learned and possible futures for the architectural culture of the region, as well as the first comprehensive biographical listing of the architects practicing in Northern Mexico during the past two centuries.
- Author BiographyAn architect and widely published scholar on the architecture, urbanism, and material culture of Mexico, Edward R. Burian is Associate Professor in the Department of Architecture at the University of Texas at San Antonio. He edited and wrote Modernity and the Architecture of Mexico, which was published in Spanish as Modernidad y arquitectura en Mexico.
- Author(s)Edward Burian
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- Series TitleRoger Fullington Series in Architecture
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note30 color and 484 b&w photos, 4 b&w illus., 35 b&w maps
- Weight1418 g
- Width221 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.