Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an illustrated guide to the glorious classical heritage of the Roman Empire. It is an informative history of Roman architecture with over 250 photographs, drawings, diagrams and cross-sections. You can examine the great buildings that define the Roman Empire, from amphitheatres, libraries and aqueducts to magnificent palaces and temples. You can discover how the architectural legacy of the Romans influenced the development of classical architecture, from the Renaissance to post-modern classicism. It features cutaways and reconstructions of the Colosseum, the Pantheon and other World Heritage buildings. Building and technical termilogy is fully explained, from barrel vaults to concrete facings. Consultant Dr Hazel Dodge FSA is an expert on all aspects of Roman construction and building techlogy. It is created some 2,000 years ago, the buildings of ancient Rome continue to influence architects today. This book covers the art and architecture of Rome's vast empire. It detailed drawings of the Colosseum, the Pantheon and other World Heritage buildings reveal Roman techniques and architectural styles. Major public buildings, from the Forum Romanum to the Colosseum and the Pantheon are carefully described. The Romans built lavishly across their empire, founding or refounding magnificent cities like Carthage and Petra. You can discover the wonders of Roman architecture, from the city of Rome itself to Palmyra and Pompeii, with 250 illustrations and an authoritative text.
- Author BiographyNigel Rodgers, author, has written widely on history, art philosophy. His recent books include The Rise and Fall of Ancient Rome and The Greek World (both Lorenz Books). Dr Hazel Dodge FSA, consultant, is Louis Claude Purser Senior Lecturer in Classical Archaeology at the School of Classics, Trinity College, Dublin, and is the author of Ancient Rome - The Archaeology of the Eternal City and, with Peter Connolly, The Ancient City - Life in Classical Athens and Rome (both OUP).
- Author(s)Nigel Rodgers
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 250 photographs
- Weight522 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.