All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
About this product
- DescriptionThe Arctic Guide presents the traveler and naturalist with a portable, authoritative guide to the flora and fauna of earth's rthernmost region. Featuring superb color illustrations, this one-of-a-kind book covers the complete spectrum of wildlife--more than 800 species of plants, fishes, butterflies, birds, and mammals--that inhabit the Arctic's polar deserts, tundra, taiga, sea ice, and oceans. It can be used anywhere in the entire Holarctic region, including Norway's Svalbard archipelago, Siberia, the Russian Far East, islands of the Bering Sea, Alaska, the Canadian Arctic, and Greenland. Detailed species accounts describe key identification features, size, habitat, range, scientific name, and the unique characteristics that enable these organisms to survive in the extreme conditions of the Far North. A color distribution map accompanies each species account, and alternative names in German, French, Norwegian, Russian, Inuit, and Inupiaq are also provided. * Features superb color plates that allow for quick identification of more than 800 species of plants, fishes, butterflies, birds, and mammals * Includes detailed species accounts and color distribution maps * Covers the flora and fauna of the entire Arctic region
- Author BiographySharon Chester is a naturalist, wildlife photographer, illustrator, and author of several natural history guides, including A Wildlife Guide to Chile (Princeton). She splits her time between San Mateo, California, and her home in Fulton, Illinois, near the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge.
- Author(s)Sharon R. Chester
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication16/08/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Field Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note200+ color plates. 800+ color maps.
- Weight1228 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.