All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an introduction to the relatively new discipline of arithmetic dynamics. Whereas classical discrete dynamics is the study of iteration of self-maps of the complex plane or real line, arithmetic dynamics is the study of the number-theoretic properties of rational and algebraic points under repeated application of a polymial or rational function. A principal theme of arithmetic dynamics is that many of the fundamental problems in the theory of Diophantine equations have dynamical analogs.This graduate-level text provides an entry for students into an active field of research and serves as a standard reference for researchers.
- Author(s)Joseph H. Silverman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/06/2007
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 241
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight912 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.