All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBilled as the greatest sporting show on earth, the Olympic Games have produced countless memorable stories of achievement and endurance since entering the modern era in 1896. The major sports take a back seat - some of them long gone from the schedule - as sports fans discover new heroes excelling in obscure events that intrigue. The Games deliver triumph and heartbreak, serial winners and one-medal wonders, shocks and controversies - and tragedy in the true sense of the word rather than the often diluted sporting interpretation. For just over two weeks every four years handball and hockey, sailing and shooting, judo and gymnastics become prime time news. And the word repechage is common currency. The Armchair Olympian uses trivia, teasers, illustrations and quotes to recapture the magic of the story so far.
- Author BiographyPhil Ascough is a freelance writer with too many years' experience of sports writing and business journalism to mention. He is the author of Kissing the Badge: How much do you know about 20 years of the Premier League?
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byPhil Ascough
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.