All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionIt started with an attack on a research station near the frontier region, the furthest portion of the Outer Sphere of Unified space. Then, one by one, subsequent border systems began to fall victim to the unkwn attackers. Months went by before anyone in the Unified Collaboration of Systems realized what was happening. By then, it was too late. The Kafaran had arrived. The fighting between the two factions raged on for nearly five years. Hundreds of thousands perished, and millions of incent beings lost their homes. Then, nearly as quickly as the war had started, the Kafaran's inexplicably retreated to an unexplored region of space. Even with their once expansive foothold in the Milky Way w lying in ruins, it seemed to the once peaceful UCS that victory was finally theirs. Now, it was time to rebuild. With the Galactic War w five years in the past, former fighter pilot Shawn Kestrel wasn't nearly as content in his peacetime life as he could have been. Not only was his fledgling cargo business steadily losing customers, his lone interstellar transport was fatally incapacitated, the victim of a w all too common pirate attack. Without warning, the prudish daughter of his former commanding officer appears, informing Shawn that William has mysteriously disappeared-apparently the victim of foul play. And, as if things weren't difficult eugh, a Unified Sector Command carrier quickly arrives to assert the Unified government's own self-guided interests into the disappearance. As Shawn endeavors to put all of the pieces together, one thing becomes terrifyingly clear: the Kafaran are longer idle. With the government suspiciously pressing down on him from one side, and the beautiful and enigmatic daughter driving him on from the other, Shawn Kestrel must search deep within himself to decide where his past and present loyalties lie before the universe once again erupts into all-out war.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Southern California, Stephen A. Fender joined the Navy at the age of 18. During his last deployment in 1999, after being challenged to write a better book than the poorly written one his friend had lent him, he decided to take up the keyboard and write his first novel. The result was well received by many Having spent 10 years of his professional life as an automotive mechanic, he changed gears several years ago and now works as a software developer. In that timeframe he's produced seven novels. Stephen lives in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with his wife, where he enjoys boating, hiking, spending time with his wonderful family, and taking the time each day to forget that he has debts to pay off.
- Author(s)Stephen a Fender
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.