All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Museum Wiesbaden is one of three important Hessian state museums and holds world-class collections in the fields of art and natural history. This volume provides the first-ever lavishly illustrated introduction to the museum's art collections, which span the period from the Middle ages to contemporary art with an emphasis on the art of the nineteenth and twentieth century. The year 2015 marks the centenary of the completion of the building housing the Museum Wiesbaden. The sumptuously illustrated catalogue introducing the museum and its collections celebrates this anniversary. The museum building was opened in 1915, having been designed by Theodor Fischer four years before and built starting in 1913. In addition to the natural-history collections, it houses the three departments of Old Master Art, Classic Modernism and Modern and Contemporary Art. In a chrologically arranged overview of the art collections, which range from 1200 to the present day, the curators' texts provide a vivid introduction to the collection areas and their specific histories.
- Author BiographyAlexander Klar is an art historian and director of Museum Wiesbaden.
- Author(s)Alexander Klar,Jorg Daur
- PublisherHirmer Verlag
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHirmer Verlag
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1740 g
- Width220 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.