All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn our busy modern world, it's easy to get stressed out. In The Art and Skill of Buddhist Meditation, mindfulness teacher Richard Shankman offers a foundational guide to the art and skill of Buddhist meditation, showing you how to construct a calming daily practice that unifies two major Vipassana Buddhist traditions concentration meditation and insight meditation. Whether you are a beginning or intermediate student of Buddhism, this book provides a user-friendly meditation regime. New readers are presented with a strong foundation in multiple meditation approaches, while those who've been training for a while will be able to better integrate what they've already learned with new and unfamiliar approaches drawn from other streams of Buddhist thought. This new, integrative, and simple approach to meditation will help you to better manage stress, quiet your busy mind, and cultivate a lasting sense of well-being.
- Author BiographyRichard Shankman has been a meditator since 1970, and teaches at dharma centers and groups internationally. He is guiding teacher of the Metta Dharma Foundation, and cofounder of the Sati Center for Buddhist Studies, and of Mindful Schools. Shankman is the author of The Experience of Samadhi. Shankman resides in Oakland, CA.
- Author(s)Richard Shankman
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight232 g
- Width231 mm
- Height159 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.