Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis detailed guide to abstract painting teaches you how to compose dramatic, beautiful, thought provoking and evocative abstract paintings. It provides information about the background, aims and procedures of the abstract method, focusing on creativity and self-expression, the goal being the development of the reader's own talents. There are step-by-step instructions; instead the reader will learn where to find inspiration, how to develop ideas, how to create spontaneous, lively effects and how to apply a range of techniques on different surfaces, whether it be transparent watercolour or thickly applied acrylics.
- Author BiographyRolina van Vliet has studied at the Academy of Physical Education in Groningen, the teacher training department of Amsterdam College, and the fine arts department at the Free Academy in The Hague. She now teaches at various centres for artistic training, and has developed a new method of painting based on abstract painting. Her work varies from abstract expressionism to lyrical abstract painting, with the emphasis on spontaneity and dynamics, and with a clear preference for total abstraction. She regularly exhibits her work, has written articles for art magazines and runs workshops and courses on abstract art.
- Author(s)Rolina Van Vliet
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note145 illustrations, colour
- Weight544 g
- Width225 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.