All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionHow can we realize and actualize love, reason, and meaningful, productive work? Fromm here offers an Art of Well-Being, a way of living based on authentic self-awareness that comes only through honest self-analysis. He warns of the pitfalls of our attaining enlightenment without effort, or believing that life can be livedwithout pain. The tantalizing 'spiritual smorgasbord' offered by our consumer-oriented world, Fromm maintains, only feeds our illusions of 'easy awareness'. Confronting the psycho-gurus who preach these shortcuts to enlightenment, Fromm offers ather way to self-awareness through meditation. If the Art of Being - the art of functioning as a whole person - can be considered the supreme goal of life, a breakthrough occurs when we move from narcissistic selfishness and egotism - from having - to psychological and spiritual happiness - being. The Art of Being is certain to be one of the most important and sought-after works in the Fromm can for years to come. This volume is a sequel to one of Erich Fromm's most popular works, To Have or to Be. In this new book, Fromm examines the true paths - as opposed to false directions - that will lead us to self-kwledge and enlightenment.
- Author BiographyERICH FROMM (1900-1980) was an outstanding social scientist and author of bestsellers. He was also a practising psychoanalyst who applied his experience to the interpretation of social phenomena and reformulated Freud's basic insights into the unconcious of the individual and of society. Fromm's popular success rests principally on two later works, The Art of Loving and To Have or to Be, in which he urged readers to abandon the lure of materialism for meaningful love.
- Author(s)Erich Fromm
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication22/03/1993
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight164 g
- Width140 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.