All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most up-to-date guide on making the right capital restructuring moves The Art of Capital Restructuring provides a fresh look at the current state of mergers, acquisitions, and corporate restructuring around the world. The dynamic nature of M&As requires an evolving understanding of the field, and this book considers several different forms of physical restructuring such as divestitures as well as financial restructuring, which refers to alterations in the capital structure of the firm. The Art of Capital Restructuring t only explains the financial aspects of these transactions but also examines legal, regulatory, tax, ethical, social, and behavioral considerations. In addition to this timely information, coverage also includes discussion of basic concepts, motives, strategies, and techniques as well as their application to increasingly complex, real-world situations. * Emphasizes best practices that lead to M&A success * Contains important and relevant research studies based on recent developments in the field * Comprised of contributed chapters from both experienced professionals and academics, offering a variety of perspectives and a rich interplay of ideas Skillfully blending theory with practice, this book will put you in a better position to make the right decisions with regard to capital restructuring in today's dynamic business world.
- Author BiographyH. Kent Baker, PhD, CFA, CMA, is University Professor of Finance and Kogod Research Professor at the Kogod School of Business at American University, Washington, D.C. He has published extensively in leading academic and professional finance journals including the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Financial Management, Financial Analysts Journal, and Journal of Portfolio Management. He has also published more than a dozen books including several corporate finance textbooks. Recognized as one of the most prolific authors in finance during the past 50 years, Professor Baker has consulting and training experience with more than 100 organizations. Halil Kiymaz is Bank of America Chair and Professor of Finance at the Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and has served as a grader for the CFA Institute. Professor Kiymaz maintains an extensive research agenda focusing on everything from international M&As to the financial management of multinationals, and has published more than 50 articles in scholarly and practitioner journals. He is the recipient of several research awards, including the McGraw-Hill Irwin Best Paper Award and Outstanding Research Award at the Global Conference on Business and Finance.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleRobert W. Kolb Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1240 g
- Width190 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edited byH. Kent Baker,Halil Kiymaz
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.