Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $109.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a disciplined, qualitative exploration of case study methods by drawing from naturalistic, holistic, ethgraphic, phemelogic and biographic research methods. Robert E Stake uses and antates an actual case study to answer such questions as: How is the case selected? How do you select the case which is most likely to lead to maximizing what can be learned? How can what is learned from one case be applied to ather? How can what is learned from a case be interpreted? In addition, the book covers: the differences between quantitative and qualitative approaches; data-gathering including document review; coding, sorting and pattern analysis; the roles of the researcher; triangulation; and reporting.
- Author BiographyProfessor Stake received his B.A. in Mathematics with a minor in naval science and Spanish from the University of Nebraska in 1950. He graduated with an M.A. in educational psychology in 1954 from this university. In 1958, he received his Ph.D. in psychology from Princeton University. From 1955 to 1958, he was a Psychometric Fellow at the Educational Testing Service. Then, an Associate Professor and Faculty Research Coordinator of the College of Education at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. In 1963, he arrived at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where he assisted Thomas Hastings, Lee Cronbach, and Jack Easley in the creation of the new evaluation center, CIRCE, and in developing a program of research on program evaluation. He also became the Associate Director of the Statewide High School Testing Program. In 1975, he became director of CIRCE. He has been active in the program evaluation profession and has promoted an approach to evaluation methods called responsive evaluation. He took up a qualitative perspective, particularly case study methods, in order to represent the personal experience and complexity of evaluation study. He received the Lazerfeld Award from the American Evaluation Association and an honorary doctorate from the University of Uppsala.
- Author(s)Robert E. Stake
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/05/1995
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.92
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.