All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn an increasingly diverse workplace, it's more important and challenging than ever to communicate well. We must build bridges that cross our differences to connect our similarities. The Art of Connecting reveals five core principles and presents corresponding, specific strategies for overcoming communications barriers and connecting effectively with anyone, regardless of professional, generational, ethnic, cultural, or other differences. The authors also explain how the most skillful connectors are able to shift perspectives -- to see a situation from three points of view: me, you, and them. All of the principles and strategies are brought to life through absorbing examples and scenarios, plus engaging descriptions of masters of connection -- like famed National Public Radio interviewer Terry Gross -- doing what they do. There is always a bridge. The Art of Connecting shows how to find it -- every time.
- Author BiographyClaire Raines (Denver, CO) is a leading expert on generations in the workplace and is the author or coauthor of five previous books on the topic, including Generations at Work. Lara Ewing (Indian Hills, CO) is a specialist in major change projects and leadership development. She has worked with such clients as Diners Club, Sun Microsystems, Baptist Hospital Systems, and American Express Bank.
- Author(s)Claire Raines,Lara Ewing
- PublisherAMACOM/American Management Association
- Date of Publication12/05/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAMACOM/American Management Association
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.