All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany chess books explain how to improve an already-favorable position. This completely revised and updated edition of a classic guide can help when you've lost the advantage. Every player needs an arsenal of defensive techniques, and Andrew Soltis covers them all, along with psychological strategies for achieving victory. Learn how to master counterplay, when to accept sacrifices, how to anticipate short- and long-term threats, how to minimize losses, and much more.
- Author BiographyInternational Grandmaster Andrew Soltis is chess correspondent for the New York Post and a very popular chess writer. He is the author of many books including The Wisest Things Ever Said About Chess, Transpo Tricks in Chess, and How to Choose a Chess Move (all published by Batsford).
- Author(s)Andrew Soltis,Andy Soltis
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication25/07/2014
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note280 chess diagrams
- Weight327 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.