All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPowerful networked workstations are adding a new dimension to the world of computing. Programmers are challenged to write applications that exploit the speed and parallelism of such distributed systems, programs that take advantage of the networking and communication features of high-speed workstations. John Corbin, a senior engineer in Sun's networking group, bases his approach on RPC (Remote Procedure Call), a technique for programming communication processes in UNIX environments. A professional reference book as well as a textbook on RPC programming techniques, The Art of Distributed Applications: Programming Techniques for Remote Procedure Call, is for the working programmer who needs to explore the possibilities of designing distributed networked applications under UNIX. The book can also be recommended as a supplemental text in a distributed systems course, providing the basis for lab assignments.
- Author(s)John R. Corbin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSUN Technical Reference Library
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight658 g
- Width189 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.