All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the 1970s and 1980s, John Jodauga was perhaps drag racing's most published illustrator. Not only did his work appear in the National DRAGSTER, Hot Rod, Car Craft, Motor Trend, Drag Racing, and Super Stock & Drag Illustrated, but he also did promotional art for the sport's biggest stars such as Bill Jenkins, Don Prudhomme, Raymond Beadle, Bob Glidden, Don Nicholson and others; commercial artwork for many aftermarket manufacturers such as Moroso Performance Products; and program covers for such major racetracks as Ontario Motor Speedway. During this same period, he performed the bulk of the marketing artwork for the National Hot Rod Association, ranging from posters and program covers to holiday cards. This book is the first official compilation of Jodauga's work performed over a period of 45 years, and contains over 60 full-page, full-color reproductions of his illustrations and paintings that include examples of his most recent efforts. Anecdotes, background information, and an early career retrospective that reflect Jodauga's approach to painting are also provided, along with a forward by longtime NHRA anuncer and drag racing historian Bob Frey.
- Author BiographyJohn Jodauga, who was a student of the Art Center College of Design, has been a commercial artist since 1966 and has specialized in the fields of drag racing and hot rodding. His works have appeared in Hot Rod, Car Craft, Motor Trend, Drag Racing, Super Stock & Drag Illustrated, and National DRAGSTER, where he has also served as an Associate Editor for many years. He currently resides in Rancho Cucamona, Calif., and continues to do commissioned paintings for select clientele.
- Author(s)John Jodauga
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.