The Art of Drawing Dragons, Mythological Beasts, and Fantasy Creatures: Discover Simple Step-by-Step Techniques for Drawing Fantastic Creatures of Folklore and Legend by Michael Dobrzycki (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEasy-to-follow instructions for drawing a variety of creatures, from an Eastern dragon to a hairy troll The ever-increasing popularity of mythological and fantasy creatures in film, graphic vels, and television creates high demand for instruction books on drawing these fantastic beasts. In this newest addition to our Collector's series, aspiring artists will find 144 pages of clear, step-by-step instructions for drawing everything from fire-breathing dragons to seven-headed monsters and magical fairies. Information on the origin and history of mythological creatures gives this book an extra-special appeal. The author's helpful tips on shading and drawing techniques show readers everything they need to kw to create their own impressive beasts. Although there are fantasy-themed drawing books on the market, this book is unique because it features a wide range of fantasy subjects rather than focusing on only one type of creature (such as dragons or fairies). It also sets itself apart from similar books with its helpful information on combining graphite pencil with other media, such as charcoal and black watercolor paint or ink. In addition, this extraordinary book features dragons and other mythological creatures from around the world, including those originating in Egyptian, Irish, Norse, and Greek mythology-whereas most other fantasy books include generic, n-regional subjects.
- Author BiographyMichael Dobrzycki is an accomplished painter, carpenter, puppet maker, and sketch artist whose work has been featured in more than a dozen children's books and small press publications over the last few years. In 2001, Michael was inducted into the Disneyland Entertainment Hall of Fame. He received a master's degree in illustration from California State University, Fullerton, and holds bachelor's degrees in both art and history from Whittier College. He is currently a visiting professor at Whittier College. Michael lives in Whittier, CA.
- Author(s)Michael Dobrzycki
- PublisherWalter Foster Publishing
- Date of Publication07/08/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleThe Collectors Series
- Place of PublicationLaguna Hills, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter Foster Publishing
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight626 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.