The Art of Gambling: Through the Ages by Anthony Curtis, Arthur Flowers (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $113.97+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $48.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout history, gambling has served as the subject for hundreds of compelling and robust portrayals by celebrated artists such as Cezanne, Picasso, Van Gogh, Degas, de la Tour, Remington, and Neiman. The Art of Gambling Through the Ages showcases this great body of work, for the benefit of art lovers and gambling enthusiasts alike. From a black-figure painting dating back to 500 B.C. through the great masters and up to contemporary artists whose work is available today, 139 classic pieces from more than 100 painters and sculptors appear in this epic and timeless volume. The piece de resistance is an insightful Foreword written by acclaimed artist LeRoy Neiman, whose gambling art graces the walls of casis, museums, and galleries around the world. These renderings, as seen through the artist's eye and preserved on canvas or in stone, serve as a form of photographic chronicling that weaves a history of the human fascination with cards, dice, and other vehicles of wagering--the most provocative and prestigious visual documentation of the evolution of gambling ever assembled.
- Author BiographyA former research audiologist specializing in the study of the brain's capacity for speech, learning, and language development, Arthur Flowers turned his formidable talents as a researcher toward identifying and locating this vast body of artwork. Flowers is the author of the book Auditory Perception, Speech, Language and Learning. He was Associate Professor of Audiology at the State University of New York at Albany, and Clinical Consultant for the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. Anthony Curtis is one of the world's most recognized gambling authorities. He has appeared as an expert on Dateline, 48 Hours, A&E, E! Entertainment, Discovery, and The Learning Channel, and has been the subject of articles in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Los Angeles Times Magazine, among other print media. Curtis is the author of Bargain City--Booking, Betting, and Beating the New Las Vegas, and is the publisher of the consumer newsletter, the Las Vegas Advisor. Best known for his brilliantly colored, stunningly energetic images of sporting events and leisure activities, LeRoy Neiman was probably the most popular living artist in the United States before his passing in June 2012. His art is unique. It stands alone, without any real comparison. It is an art which has become controversial because Neiman has broken the barriers of many of the most hallowed assumptions of modern art history and contemporary criticism. It is an art that is loved by millions of people throughout America and around the world.
- Author(s)Anthony Curtis,Arthur Flowers
- PublisherHuntington Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLas Vegas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuntington Press
- Content Note140 color illustrations
- Weight1614 g
- Width222 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Foreword byLeRoy Neiman
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.