All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Art of Letter Carving in Stone portrays the beauty of this age-old craft alongside practical instruction. Written by an eminent practitioner and teacher, it guides the vice through the basics of letter carving, drawn lettering and making simple designs, and for the more experienced it explains a new proportioning system for classical Roman capitals and demonstrates a useful approach to designing letterform variations.
- Author BiographyTom Perkins was introduced to drawing Roman capitals in his early teens by his art teacher, kindling an enthusiasm for lettering that led to a training in calligraphy at Reigate School of Art and Design. From 1976 he began letter carving at his studio in London and in 1982 he set up his own workshop at Sutton in Cambridgeshire. Tom has taught lettering and letter carving at the Roehampton Institute until 1997 and at West Dean College. He is a fellow of the Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society, Temenos Academy, The Royal Society of Arts and the Society of Designer Craftsmen.
- Author(s)Tom Perkins
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/04/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note380 colour photographs and diagrams
- Weight935 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.