The Art of Living According to Joe Beef: A Cookbook of Sorts by David Chang, Meredith Erickson, David McMillan, Frederic Morin (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 6 Feb
- AU $75.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe debut cookbook from one of the most celebrated restaurants in Canada, featuring inventive twists on French market cuisine, plus spirited anecdotes and lush photography. Earning rave reviews for their unforgettable approach, Joe Beef co-owners/chefs David McMillan and Frederic Morin push the limits of traditional French cuisine with over 125 recipes (nearly all of them photographed) for hearty dishes infused with irreverent personality. The Strip Loin Steak comes complete with ten variations, Kale for a Hangover wisely advises the cook to eat and then go to bed, and the Marjolaine includes tips for welding your own cake mold. Joe Beef s most popular dishes are also represented, such as Spaghetti Homard-Lobster, Foie Gras Breakfast Sandwich, Pork Fish Sticks, and Pojarsky de Veau (a big, moist meatball served on a bone). The coup de grace is the Smorgasbord Joe Beef s version of a Scandinavian open-faced sandwich with thirty different toppings. Featuring lively stories and illustrations showcasing gangsters, oysters, Canadian railroad dining car food, the backyard smoker, and more, this stalgic yet utterly modern cookbook is a groundbreaking guide to living an outstanding culinary life.
- Author BiographyFrederic Morin and David McMillan are co-owners/chefs of Joe Beef, Liverpool House, and McKiernan Luncheonette. Morin is a graduate of L Ecole Hoteliere des Laurentides and a veteran of Montreal s dynamic Jean-Talon Market, Restaurant Toque, and Globe. McMillan has apprenticed at The Savoy in London, worked as a chef at The Sooke Harbour House in Victoria, B.C., and cooked at La Cremaillere and Thibert in Burgundy, France. Meredith Erickson is a freelance writer (and former Joe Beef waitress) whose work has appeared in The New York Times, Maisonneuve, and Elle.
- Author(s)David Chang,David McMillan,Frederic Morin,Meredith Erickson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Note125 Full-Colour Illustrations
- Weight1474 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.