All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe French Riviera is the setting for this absorbing tale of family intrigue, scandal and romance, against the glamorous background of 1930s artists and aristocracy. Polly Smith is struggling to make a living as an artist when her friend and patron, Oliver, invites her to his father's house in the South of France. Thrilled to escape cold, wet London, Polly asks for her birth certificate to get a passport. Her world changes. Her mother is in fact her aunt; her father is unkwn; even her name isn't right. Fleeing to the Riviera, Polly finds the serenity and sunshine bring her painting to life as never before. But all is t well in the grand house. Oliver's father was forced to leave England in a cloud of scandal and despite the sophisticated, cosmopolitan crowd of friends with which he has surrounded himself, his past is about to catch up with him. Yet even though Polly will find herself at the centre of a web of deception, her own future begins to take on a new and fascinating shape...
- Author BiographyBorn in Chile, and educated in Calcutta and London before going to Oxford University, Elizabeth Edmondson now divides her time between the countryside north of Rome and the spires of Oxford. She is married to an art historian and has two children.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Edmondson
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/08/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight293 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.