All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn this groundbreaking, interactive book, Barrington Barber teaches two connected skills: drawing techniques and relaxation. He demonstrates, through a series of specially crafted exercises, how drawing is a calm, focused activity that can improve concentration and reduce stress. Each spread presents an exercise for readers to follow and complete themselves, from building up shading using small, interconnected marks, to depicting the complex patterns found in nature.More than a simple coloring book, this book allows readers to build up their drawing skills using an enjoyable, relaxing method. Includes mandalas and mandala-inspired images, as well as decorative images inspired by the patterns found in nature. Barrington Barber combines his experience of teaching art and his practice of meditation to develop a unique approach that readers will love.
- Author BiographyAfter training as a graphic designer, Barrington Barber went into advertising, working for top agencies before progressing to freelance design and producing illustrations for a range of books and magazines. He enjoys a successful career as a commercial illustrator and fine artist and has written and illustrated a wide range of best-selling instructive art books. He enjoys sports, walking, philosophy and meditation.
- Author(s)Thomas Canavan
- PublisherArcturus Publishing
- Date of Publication15/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcturus Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width224 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.