All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Art of Mindful Origami extends the concept of mindful, art-therapy coloring using 15 origami projects, ranging in difficulty from basic to complex, as tools to develop mindfulness. In recent years, interest in mindfulness has exploded and it is w a part of popular culture. Increasingly, creative pursuits such as coloring are being used as a way for people to focus and enter a mindful state. Each project starts with a brief description and background to the model. Subsequent pages give instructions for folding the particular model. For difficult exercises, the book details ways of staying focused and calm and using mindfulness to deal with frustration or distraction. This is an important part of mindfulness and leads to a range of benefits for wellbeing and performance. Once each model is folded, the book then outlines various related exercises that can help to further develop mindfulness. For example, after folding the paper boat, readers are encouraged to lie down and place the boat on their belly and watch it rock up and down on the waves as they breathe. This helps them develop mindful breathing, which is a powerful tool for relaxation and focus. High-quality patterned origami paper and coloring sheets, which can easily be torn from the book, are included to make this the ultimate gift for anyone wanting a calmer, more stress-free life.
- Author BiographyDr. Richard Chambers is a clinical psychologist and internationally recognized expert in mindfulness. He is the author of Mindful Learning and Mindful Relationships, and numerous journal articles. He is also one of the developers of Smiling Mind, a free mindfulness app with over 1 million downloads.
- Author(s)Richard Chambers
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationWoolombi
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Weight499 g
- Width260 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.