All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilm ir is all about style, even more than it is about crime. The poster art from the ir era has a bold look and an icography all of its own. During ir's golden age, studios commissioned these arresting illustrations for even the lowliest 'B' thriller. The Art of Noir is the first book to present this striking artwork in a lavishly produced, large-format, full-colour volume. The more than 350 dazzling posters and other promotional materials range from the classics to rare archive films such as The Devil Thumbs a Ride and Blonde Kiss. With a new afterword, rare posters from around the world and background information on the illustrators, The Art of Noir is the ultimate companion for movie buffs and collectors, as well as artists and designers.
- Author BiographyEddie Muller, 'The Czar of Noir', is the founder and president of the Film Noir Foundation, and provides commentary for noir films and specials on Turner Classic Movies. He created his own graphics firm, St. Francis Studio, and is the author of Grindhouse, Dark City Dames and Dark City.
- Author(s)Eddie Muller
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content Note364 colour
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.