All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of brand-new, in-depth, and revealing conversations about songwriting with some of the world's most-ted hitmakers THE ART OF NOISE offers an unprecedented collection of insightful, of-the-moment conversations with twenty-seven of the great songwriters. They discuss everything from their individual approaches to writing, to the inspiration behind their most successful songs, to the techniques and methods they have independently developed to foster their creativity. Contributors include: Sting * Ray Davies * Robin Gibb * Jimmy Page * Joan Armatrading * Noel Gallagher * Lily Allen * Annie Lenx * Damon Albarn * Noel Gallagher * Laura Marling * Paul Weller * Johnny Marr * and many moreEach interview is approached with depth of understanding--of the practice of songwriting, but also of each musician's catalog. The result is a collection of conversations that's probing, informed, and altogether entertaining--what contributor Noel Gallagher called without doubt the finest book I've ever read about songwriters and the songs they write. The collected experience of these songwriters makes this book the essential word of songwriting--as spoken by the songwriters themselves.
- Author BiographyDANIEL RACHEL is a writer and musician. He wrote his first song when he was sixteen and was the lead singer of Rachel's Basement. A specialist in Forum Theatre direction, he lives in north London with his partner and three children. The Art of Noise is his first book.
- Author(s)Daniel Rachel
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.