All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Art of Painting Animals, aspiring painters will learn how to work with oil, acrylic, and watercolor paints to bring their favorite animals to life on paper or canvas. Each medium has its section that begins with an introduction, which includes a section of helpful information on basic tools and materials-including paints, brushes, appropriate supports, and additional materials-followed by a quick guide to techniques and artist tips for rendering animal features and fur, as well as natural textures such as bark and foliage. Talented artists guide readers through a series of easy-to-follow step-by-step projects covering a variety of subjects from pets and horses to wildlife and birds. Projects include a moose, a Shih Tzu dog, a fox, a deer, a lynx, and many more! Along the way, aspiring artists will find helpful tips and tricks for establishing a compelling composition, achieving accurate proportions, and developing expressive animal faces and emotions. With its breadth of content and instruction, The Art of Painting Animals is perfect for any animal-loving artist's collection.
- Author BiographyLORRAINE GRAY is a pet portrait artist, working in pastels, oil, and acrylic, in Berkshire, England. MAURY AESENG has always been excited about drawing and art. After graduating with a BFA in graphic design from the University of Minnesota--Duluth, he moved to San Diego to begin an illustration career. An award-winning artist, the most rewarding part of DEB WATSON 's journey has been the heartfelt responses those whose hearts have been touched by one of her paintings. JASON MORGAN is a professional wildlife artist who specializes in big cats and African animals. TONI WATTS is a former doctor who gave up medicine to follow her dream of being an artist. Her award-winning work is now held in private collections worldwide, and she splits her time between painting, teaching, and watching the wildlife she loves. KATE TUGWELL is a professional portrait artist and art tutor based in Sussex, UK.
- Author(s)Deb Watson,Jason Morgan,Kate Tugwell,Lorraine Gray,Maury Aaseng,Toni Watts
- PublisherWalter Foster Publishing
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLaguna Hills, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter Foster Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width222 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.86Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.