All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionDistinguished artist and teacher Alan Flattmann provides invaluable information about theory and technique as well as making crayons, designing proper studio lighting, and much more. Both amateur and professional artists will find this book informative and useful. Highlighted techniques include the painterly blended and the Impressionistic broken-color approaches. There are also illustrated discussions of concept and technique, mood and technique, mixed media, form and space, aerial perspective, modeling, and the importance of simplicity.
- Author BiographyAlan Flattmann has an international reputation and his own line of pastel colors, CITYSCAPES, manufactured by Great American Artworks. Flattmann has received numerous major awards and honors, including his 2006 induction into the Pastel Society of America Hall of Fame (the most important honor a pastel artist can receive). In 2001, he won first place for landscape in the Inaugural Pastel Artist International Magazine Awards for World Wide Excellence. Recognized as one of Americas most outstanding and gifted artists, Flattmann has also received the 1996 American Artist Art Masters Award for pastels. September 28, 2002, was the first official Alan Flattmann Day in New Orleans, Louisiana. This honor, awarded by the mayor of New Orleans, was given in recognition of Flattmanns decades of success painting the historic New Orleans French Quarter. His work has been featured in Alan Flattmanns French Quarter Impressions, written by John R. Kemp and produced by Pelican.
- Author(s)Alan Flattmann
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note132 colour illus. & 31 b/w illus.
- Weight982 g
- Width209 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.