All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe Art of Science presents the best of Museum Victoria's remarkable collection of natural history artworks. The book opens with the 'paper museums' of the seventeenth and eighteenth century, stunning collections of the bizarre and fabulous, each one exquisitely depicted. It presents the valiant artistic efforts of Europeans to 'see' Australia's extraordinary fauna, and celebrates the golden age of natural history illustration dominated by Audubon and Gould, those giants of avian illustration. In the contemporary museum, art and science still work hand in glove, from the palaeo-artistry of Peter Trusler to the amazing microscopic world revealed by new imaging techlogy. The Art of Science is a unique collection of exquisite images that will enrich our understanding of the history of art and science, the natural world, and the miracle of human perception.
- Author(s)John Kean
- PublisherMuseum Victoria Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMuseum Victoria Publishing
- Width230 mm
- Height294 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.