All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionAt the age of twenty-seven, after many years of having (and, for the most part, enjoying) an active sex life, beloved French author, journalist, editor, and fashion blogger Sophie Fontanel decided she wanted to take a break. Despite having it all-a glamorous job, plenty of dates and boyfriends, stylish clothes, and endless parties to attend-she still wasn't happy, and found herself wanting more. She chose to give up her sex life, and in so doing shocked all of her friends and colleagues. What she discovers about herself is truly liberating and raises a number of questions about the expectations of the society in which we live. As she experiences being the only n-coupled one at dinner parties, weekend getaways, and summer vacations, she muses inspiringly on what it means to find happiness and fulfillment alone. Provocative and illuminating, The Art of Sleeping Alone, which spent eight weeks on the bestseller list in France, offers advice on love and sex while challenging modern-day conventions of marriage and motherhood, making this an ideal read for anyone who has chosen to do things a little differently.
- Author BiographySophie Fontanel has been an editor at Elle France for more than a decade. A novelist and essayist, she lives in Paris. The Art of Sleeping Alone is her first book to be published in English.
- Author(s)Sophie Fontanel
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication13/08/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Weight247 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.