The Art of Stone Skipping: Stoop Ball, Jacks, Yo-Yo's, Cats Cradle, Coin Flipping, Line Baseball, Jump Rope and More by Jayne Jaudon Ferrer (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt s an old-time playtime thing electronic, just games that have stood the test of time! They help children build skills like hand-eye coordination, problem solving, and simply learning how to be a good team player and work well with others. But most of all, they re lots of fun. This collection of timeless games guarantees kids a great time by themselves, with a group of friends, or with their family. And best of all, batteries are required . . . and very little equipment, too. There s Hopscotch and Dodgeball, Four Square and Stoopball, Horse and One Old Cat (a ball game similar to baseball, but with only one base). All you need is your brain and occasionally a paper and pen to play games like Association, the Minister s Cat, and Dumb Crambo (which is similar to Charades, but has a rhyming twist). A rainy day with pals around would be just right to make Hand Shadows, walk on Can Stilts, or practice Jacks. Don t forget card games like Crazy Eights and Rummy, Crab and Sack Races, and old favorites like Duck, Duck, Goose and Red Rover. And because parent likes to hear the whine of Are we there yet? there s a whole chapter of games for the car! Black-and-white illustrations keep the old-timey feel while getting kids excited to play. Simple instructions explain how many people can play, what you need, the object of the game, and the basic rules. For extra entertainment, there are also lots of fun facts about the history of the games sprinkled throughout. This book is so packed with activities that kids will want to turn off their computers, shut down their PlayStations and Xboxes, and get playing the old-fashioned way!
- Author BiographyJ. J. Ferrer is the mother of three sons and the author of four books, A NEW MOTHER'S PRAYERS, I AM A MOTHER OF SONS, DANCING WITH MY DAUGHTER, and SHE OF THE RIB. She has fond memories of playing Red Rover, Red Rover at school in Wauchula, Florida. Today, she lives in Greenville, South Carolina and plays Spades and Musical Miles as often as possible.
- Author(s)Jayne Jaudon Ferrer
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/04/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintImagine Publishing, Inc
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $33.44
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.85
- AU $13.62Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $37.24Trending at AU $44.14
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.