All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionHere is an expert's guide through the elements of a nfiction book proposal, including the outline, chapter summaries, marketing/publicity, book and chapter titles, and more. Filled with exercises designed to help a writer conceive and create a desirable proposal, and checklists to keep track of the project's progress, The Art of the Book Proposal provides the framework on which to build a great idea, as well as intelligent, empathetic instruction on how to produce a proposal that will capture the interest of an agent or editor. While most how-to writing books focus only on the nuts and bolts of putting a proposal together, Maisel, considered by many to be America's foremost expert on the psychological side of the creative process, also helps the writer overcome mental barriers to producing the best work possible. Using a holistic approach to the sometimes unglamorous work of designing a proposal, his guide enables a writer to transform an idea into a book.
- Author BiographyA featured speaker at writers conferences and a regular contributor to Writer s Digest, psychotherapist Eric Maisel has written twenty-two works of fiction and nonfiction including The Creativity Book, Deep Writing, A Life in the Arts, Fearless Creating, and Affirmations for Artists. He lives near San Francisco.
- Author(s)PH D Eric Maisel
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication11/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJeremy P Tarcher
- Weight313 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.