All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA must-have guide to chocolate making and chocolate showpiece design, from rewned confectionery expert Ewald Notter Covering the full spectrum of chocolate work-from the fundamentals of chocolate making to instruction on advanced showpiece design and assembly-The Art of the Chocolatier is the most complete and comprehensive guide to chocolate-making on the market. The book covers basic information on ingredients, equipment, and common techniques in the pastry kitchen, while also offering clear, step-by-step instructions on creating small candies and large-scale chocolate pieces. This is the ideal book for pastry students enrolled in chocolate and confectionery courses, as well as working professionals and even serious home confectioners who want to improve their skills in advanced chocolate work. * Illustrated step-by-step instructions cover all the essentials of chocolate-making, from tempering and creating ganache and gianduja to using molds, transfer sheets, and more * An entire chapter devoted to Creating a Competition Piece covers the ins and outs of confectionery competition, from preparing for the event and developing a concept to designing and building a winning chocolate showpiece * Beautiful full-color photos throughout provide inspiration for chocolate decor and showpiece design, while clear how-to photos illustrate key techniques The Art of the Chocolatier provides expert-level coverage of every aspect of the chocolatier's art for students and professionals alike.
- Author BiographyEwald Notter is the founder and director of education of the Notter School of Pastry Arts in Orlando, Florida. Renowned as a master of sugar and chocolate work, he has worked with chocolate for 35 years, during which time he has won numerous awards, including National Pastry Team Champion, Pastry Chef of the Year, and fifteen gold medals in various other pastry competitions. He has taught at pastry schools around the world and serves as a pastry advisor to the American Culinary Federation's Culinary Team USA.
- Author(s)Ewald Notter
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1970 g
- Width224 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Photographs byJoe Brooks,Lucy Schaeffer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.