About this product
- DescriptionAnyone who says haute cuisine, big flavour and vegan cooking can't go together hasn't been to San Francisco's famed Millennium Restaurant. Now, Millennium chef Eric Tucker brings us ather collection of his mind-blowing vegan fare in The Artful Vegan. Bringing the farmers' market to fine dining, these 140 new recipes are fresh, impassioned vegan interpretations of traditional and contemporary global cuisine - and they're nutritious, meat- and dairy-free, and all organic.
- Author BiographyAMY PEARCE was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. For as long as she can remember, she has loved to bake. When she became a vegetarian at the age of 12, she was forced to learn to cook for herself. In 1995, Amy graduated from the Natural Gourmet Cookery School in New York. She worked numerous jobs as a vegan baker and private chef before joining the Millennium team in 1999. She soon became the restaurant's pastry chef.ERIC TUCKER has been executive chef at Millennium since it opened in 1994, and was coauthor of the revolutionary MILLENNIUM COOKBOOK. He is a graduate of the Natural Gourmet Institute of Food in New York. In 1990, he took a position at Milly s Restaurant in San Rafael, California. When the owners of Milly s opened Millennium in San Francisco, he came along as executive chef, bringing to the restaurant his varied culinary passions, including mycology and exotic cuisines. He has been the primary creative force behind the restaurant s success ever since. BRUCE ENLOE was born into a family of food lovers and restaurateurs in Bryan, Texas. He has spent more than fifteen years in various kitchens, with a focus on Italian, Texan, Southern, and Southwestern cooking. He joined Millennium in 1997 and became sous-chef in 1998. As assistant wine steward, he helped build the widely recognized organic wine list. Millennium introduced Bruce to his wife and best friend, former assistant general manager Nicole LeBlanc. They left the Bay Area in 2003 to travel, with plans to open an organic foods restaurant in Ontario, Canada. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Amy Pearce,Bruce Enloe,Eric Tucker
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication13/09/2003
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Notecol
- Weight889 g
- Width210 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best Selling in Cook Books
- AU $42.92New
- AU $35.00New
- AU $31.09New
- AU $15.99New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.36
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $31.84
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $38.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $31.91
- AU $35.71Trending at AU $54.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.