All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Asian Texans, author Marilyn Brady introduces readers to the languages, religions, and cultures of those who immigrated to the Lone Star State from Asia. Organized by region, the book discusses the lives and contributions of Chinese, Japanese, East Indian, Korean, Vietnamese, Filipi, Laotian, and Cambodian Texans. Special features include - 61 illustrations - boxed biographical sketches - an Asian timeline - newspaper excerpts The Asian Texans is part of a five-volume set from the Institute of Texan Cultures. The entire set, entitled Texans All, explores the social and cultural contributions made by five distinctive cultural groups that already existed in Texas prior to its statehood or that came to Texas in the early twentieth century: The Indian Texans, The Mexican Texans, The European Texans, The African Texans, and The Asian Texans.
- Author BiographyMARILYN DELL BRADY is a retired college professor living in Alpine, Texas.SARA R. MASSEY, general editor for Texans All, is an education specialist at the University of Texas Institute of Texan Cultures in San Antonio, where she develops social studies instructional materials for Texas history.
- Author(s)Marilyn Dell Brady
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2004
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleTexans All S.
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note61 b&w photos, 3 tables, bibliography, index
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.