All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on incisive analyses of ecomic globalization, class, politics, and bureaucracy, The Assault on Social Policy examines the ordinary speech used to make poverty and extreme inequality seem acceptable, the corporate strategies co-opting the distribution of wealth and other resources, and the negative effect of these efforts on our more vulnerable citizens, such as those with disabilities, incarcerated individuals, children, and the elderly. This second edition incorporates new research on the hotly contested policies dealing with poverty, welfare, disability, social security, and health care. It also takes stock of the ongoing effects of globalization and adds a chapter on education.
- Author BiographyWilliam Roth is a Vincent O'Leary Professor Emeritus at the State University of New York at Albany, where he established and directed the Center for Computing and Disability. He has published a memoir, Movement: A Memoir of Disability, Cancer, and the Holocaust, among other books. Susan J. Peters is associate professor emeritus at Michigan State University. Among her publications, her book Inclusive Education: Achieving Education for All by Including Those with Disabilities and Special Education Needs has been translated into twelve languages.
- Author(s)Susan J. Peters,William Roth
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication11/07/2014
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byBernard Sanders
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.