All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFaith, since the earliest Christian theologians, has been regarded as the fundamental Christian virtue-the prerequisite for hope, charity, and good works. In this book, Avery Dulles examines the biblical foundations and history of theological reflection on faith, from the Greek and Latin fathers to such modern giants as Tillich, Rahner, and Lonergan. Further, Dulles presents his own systematic synthesis, reflecting on such topics as the nature and object of faith; the certitude of faith; the birth, growth, and loss of faith; and faith and salvation. The result is a refreshingly relevant theology of faith for our day.
- Author BiographyAvery Dulles, S.J. is Laurence J. McGinley Professor of Religion and Society at Fordham University. Among his many books are The Catholicity of the Church (OUP, 1985), Models of Revelation (1983, rev. 1992), and The Craft of Theology (1992).
- Author(s)Cardinal Avery Dulles
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1996
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight451 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.