All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionMost critiques of atheism focus on refuting head-on the claims of atheists. Instead, this unique book faithfully represents what atheists say they believe and stands back to watch as the natural inconsistencies in that worldview inevitably rise to the surface. Norman L. Geisler, the apologetic giant of our time, is joined by Daniel J. McCoy, highlighting two inconsistencies in particular. First they examine the atheist's assertion that God cant exist because there is evil in the world and that if God truly existed, he would intervene. These same people then turn around and say any intervention on God's part would impose upon human automy, and thus would be unjust. Second, these very interventions that would be considered immoral if imposed upon the earth by God are lauded when they stem instead from some human institution or authority. Geisler and McCoy highlight this kind of doublethink step by step, showing readers how to identify such inconsistencies in atheistic arguments and refute them--or rather show atheists how they refute themselves.
- Author BiographyNorman L. Geisler (PhD, Loyola University of Chicago) is Distinguished Professor of Apologetics and Theology at Veritas Evangelical Seminary in Murrieta, California. He is the author of more than eighty books, including When Skeptics Ask and The Big Book of Christian Apologetics. Daniel J. McCoy (MA, Veritas Evangelical Seminary) is an associate minister and Christian school teacher, and is currently working toward a PhD through North-West University.
- Author(s)Daniel J. McCoy,Norman L. Geisler
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/07/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.