All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the BMA Board of Science Award for the Public Understanding of Science and the BMA Medical Book Award for Public Health. This is a major new graphic profile of global health. The atlas maps the causes and incidences of the major diseases as well as the ecomic, social and environmental factors that impact on people's health worldwide. Bringing together the latest data and charting recent trends in health and disease, it also addresses how health needs are identified, health policy is developed, and the delivery and quality of health services. The atlas covers a wide range of topics including: * life expectancy * malnutrition and obesity * water and sanitation * cancer * heart disease * diabetes * tobacco and alcohol * migration and refugees * climate change * infectious diseases, from malaria to HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis * mental health * SARS, avian flu and pandemic planning * urbanization * healthcare acquired infection and antibiotic resistance.
- Author BiographyDiarmuid O'Donovan MD MSc FFPHMI DTM&H is senior lecturer in Social & Preventive Medicine at the National University of Ireland, Galway and Director of Public Health in the Health Service Executive, Western Area. A medical doctor based in Ireland, with postgraduate training in general practice and public health, he has has worked in Ireland, UK, Zambia and the Gambia. His research covers health policy; health inequities; environmental health; sexually transmitted infections and HIV; reproductive, maternal and child health; health and human rights. A consultant to Irish Aid on health and development issues, he also chairs the Irish Forum for Global Health.
- Author(s)Diarmuid O'Donovan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleThe Earthscan Atlas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteFull colour, photographs, maps, figures, index
- Weight362 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.