All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Non-freedom to the Western mind is inevitably linked with images of backwardness - Soviet tractors, East German Trabants, Kim Jong Il's haircut. But n-freedom these days is also iPads, iPhones and a dazzling array of less iconic but ubiquitous consumer goods that flood our stores, our homes and which increasingly are used to define our ideas of worth and happiness. It is a full-lipped smile achieved with the aid of collagen made from skin flensed from dead Chinese convicts.' The Australian Disease is Richard Flanagan's perceptive, hilarious, searing expose of the conformity that afflicts our public life. From Weary Dunlop to Vassily Grossman, from David Hicks to Craig Thomson, Flanagan takes us on a wildly entertaining and unsettling trip. If we are to find hope, he says, we must take our compass more from ourselves and less from the powerful.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)Richard Flanagan
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleShort Blacks
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width115 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.