The Australian Policy Handbook by Catherine Althaus, Glyn Davis, Peter Bridgman (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Feb
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.00+ AU $8.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by the_clearance_room
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublic policy permeates every aspect of our lives. It is the stuff of government, justifying taxes, driving legislation, and shaping our social services. Public policy gives us roads, railways and airports, emergency services, industry development, and natural resource management. While politicians make the decisions, public servants provide analysis and support for those choices. Drawing on their extensive practical experience, the authors outline the processes used in making public policy. They systematically explain the relationships between political decision-makers, public service advisers, other community participants, and those charged with implementing the programs that result. The fifth edition of this widely used introduction is fully updated, and includes new material on policy complexity, best practice and smart practice, disaster management and community engagement, and the increased role of n-profit organisations in delivering services.
- Author BiographyCATHERINE ALTHAUS is Assistant Professor in the School of Public Administration at University of Victoria, Canada. She was formerly an ANZSOG Research Fellow at the Australian National University, and has worked as a policy officer in Queensland Treasury. PETER BRIDGMAN is a consultant specialising in public policy, governance and integrity, and has worked within and for governments in Australia and internationally. He has led several government agencies and developed policy and legislation across a wide range of areas. PROFESSOR GLYN DAVIS AC has combined an academic career teaching public policy with practical experience in government. A former Director General of the Department of Premier and Cabinet in Queensland, Professor Davis was Foundation Chair of ANZSOG. He is now Vice Chancellor at the University of Melbourne.
- Author(s)Catherine Althaus,Glyn Davis,Peter Bridgman
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight652 g
- Width176 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.